Custom Kitchen Countertops
Countertops have the ability to transform any space and provide new life to your home. Quartz countertops are often referred to as “engineered” or “man-made,” but quartz is actually a natural stone. Because quartz is one of the hardest minerals on Earth, quartz is a popular and reliable choice for countertops.
Reasons to Select Quartz Countertops
- Resilient against stains with a non-porous surface
- Quartz countertops never have to be sealed unlike granite, marble and other surfaces that require maintenance
- Tends to be less expensive than marble
- Non absorbent so they resist staining and don’t harbor harmful bacteria
At Mike’s Flooring & Design Center, we offer a large variety of quartz countertops. We offer expert guidance through the kitchen remodeling process and selection of countertop design that best suits our customers’ spaces. Be sure to visit our Custom Kitchen Cabinetry page to complete your kitchen renovation with stunning custom cabinets. Our custom cabinet specialists on staff will work with you to complete your vision! Mike’s is proud to partner with Cambria and MSI to offer our custom kitchen countertops. Be sure to visit our Manufacturers page to learn more
Custom Kitchen Backsplashes
There seems to be endless options for your kitchen backsplash. At times, it may seem daunting to sort through the possibilities and choose the best option for your home. Here are some popular styles for you to consider:
Ceramic & Porcelain
- Comes in a multitude of shapes, colors, patterns and mosaics
- Makes a great backdrop for cooking
- Porcelain is manufactured with finer clay and less porous than ceramic
- Natural Stone is a high-end option that brings an instant dash of elegance
- Natural stone tends to be porous, recommended to seal it
Straight Lay or Pattern?
- Choose a subway tile in a unique size or has a wavy texture
- A wood hood or chimney hood is a great place to add an insert
- Run tile all the way to the ceiling to give the look of a taller ceiling
Full Height Countertop Splash
- Consider a full height back splash (up to bottom of wall cabinets) for a dramatic effect
- No grout lines to clean and provides continuous color and pattern
- Consider angled power strips under wall cabinets
We carry many brands of backsplash tiles including glass tile, mosaic tile, ceramic and porcelain, wood tile and more! The manufacturers we partner with are Shaw Tile, Marazzi Tile, Interceramic Tile, Florida Tile, Conestoga Tile, American Olean Tile, Lugarno, Commodities, Ceramiche D’Arts, B&F Mosaics, Elon Tile, Glazzio Tile, Bliss Tile and Adex Tile, with descriptions for each shown on our Manufacturers page.
Ready to Get Started
Contact us today, stop by our showroom or email us with any questions. From Bethany Beach to Rehoboth Beach, Ocean City, Berlin, Ocean Pines, Ocean View, Millsboro, Millville and all of lower Sussex County and surrounding areas, we look forward to serving you for all your Custom Kitchen Countertop and Custom Kitchen Backsplash questions.